Frequently Asked Questions
Will Capricorn Food and Wine Festival be happening this year?
Following a COVID-SAFE approved plan, we will be hosting the Festival in 2020. Our focus is to deliver great events safely, inline with the most up to date government approved patron capacity. CFWF will communicate as much information as possible through the Facebook page and #Capfoodie mailouts prior to the event.
Ticketed Events: We will be pre-selling tickets to events only so we can manage numbers and also record details of patrons attending.
Festival Grounds: Friday 25 September from 5pm and Saturday 26 September from 4pm. We urge customers to pre-purchase tickets as there will be limited quanitity available on the day.
What happens if I have purchased tickets but am un-well that day?
Stay at home if unwell. Event organisers have the right to refuse entry and may insist that anyone with COVID-19 symptoms needs to leave the event and obtain COVID-19 testing as per health guidelines. Tickets may be refunded at the organiser’s discretion – granted on a case-by-case basis.
You will also be asked to stay home if any of the following is applicable:
- You have been in close contact with a person who is positive for COVID-19
- You are positive for COVID-19
- You have travelled overseas or to a declared COVID-19 Hotspot in the previous 14 days
If you notice symptoms or become un-well during the event, please see First Aid who will assist you to isolate from other patrons, provide applicable PPE etc.
What COVID Safe meausures will be in place on the day?
- It is important that you maintain your own physical distance from other groups and persons.
- Furniture will be set up with 1.5m distance guests – please do not move the tables. We ask patrons to be seated with their group and avoid co-mingling with other guests.
- There will be no dancing at the Festival – anyone not adhering will be removed.
- The Festival will be a primarily seated event this year. You will be able to get up to purchase food and drinks, but you must return to your tables to consume them.
- CFWF will have practices, signage and policies in place to ensure physical distancing is maintained across the site as a whole and in individual areas within the site.
- Areas and equipment will be hygenically cleaned after use and between events.
- Hand sanitiser will be found at mulitple locations throughout the venue, including each food and beverage vendor.
What details will I have to provide on entry to the Festival Grounds and events?
On arrival you will be asked to fill out your name, address, phone number and number of guests in your group. You will also be asked the following questions and if answer is “yes” to any of them, you may be asked to leave the grounds.
- In the last 14 days have you travelled from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who is positive for COVID-19?
- Are you an active COVID-19 case?
- Are you currently, or have you recently experienced cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath?
Your records will be securely stored for 56 days and not used for any other purpose other then COVID contact tracing, prior to being appropriately destroyed.
We encouage attendees to download the Commonwealth Government COVID-19 app prior to attending the event.
What are the Capricorn Food and Wine Festival dates and times?
The Festival is held 24-27 September 2020 during the QLD September School Holidays.
What happens if the Festival is cancelled?
Ticket holders will be refunded less booking fees.
Where are the CFWF grounds located?
Riverfront Precinct, Quay St, Rockhampton Q 4700. Entry to the Festival Grounds will be in front of The Boathouse, with plenty of parking available around the CBD.
Where can I purchase my tickets?
Tickets will go on sale through the capfood.com.au website from 17th July 2020.
What is the cost of tickets?
Festival entry, ticketed events and masterclasses range from $25.00 – $180.00.
Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Due to capacity restrictions, the 2020 Festival will have limite tickets availble for sale on the day. Festival Passes and Event Tickets may be pre-purchased from our website when they go on sale. We urge patrons to pre-purchase their tickets to events and masterclasses as they do sell out.
What does my entry cost include?
Your Festival Pass includes entry to the Festival Grounds including
- Access to purchase meals, wine tastings, cocktails, beers and beverages
- Boutique themed bars and areas to enjoy the scene
- Live music across Friday and Saturday on the Festival Main Stage
- NRL football on the Big Screen
- Complimentary CFWF stemless wine glass
And of course, a fantastic location to sit back and soak up the atmosphere with friends, food, a drink or two, and entertainment – what else would you need?
How do I pay for entry, food and drinks?
Capricorn Food and Wine Festival is an entirely CASHLESS Festival. You must have a credit or debit card with VISA or MASTERCARD logo to pay for your entry, as well as to purchase drinks and food within the grounds.
Where can I consume my food and drinks?
Patrons must be seated whilst conusming all food and beverages during the Festival. CFWF are supplying more than enough seating for everyone to find thier place, anyone not complying may be removed from the grounds.
Are children allowed this year?
Time to book a babysitter because the 2020 Capricorn Food and Wine Festival is an 18+ event only. This is different from previous years due to our social distancing guidelines regarding patron capacicty at the Festival. We apologise for the measures but this includes children of all ages, including babies.
What will I need to bring?
If you are over 18 and wish to partake in the wine tastings and general merrymaking, you’ll need an 18+ identification card or licence. Security will wristband you prior to entry. As the Festival is entirely CASHLESS you will need a credit or debit card with a VISA or Mastercard logo to pay for entry and purchase food and beverages from our wonderful exhibitors. Although there’ll be plenty of shaded areas, we do recommend hats, sunscreen and a sexy pair of sunnies to keep you sun safe.
Is dancing allowed?
We’ve got an awesome lineup of music install for you this year and will be announcing over the next few weeks. However you’ll have to enjoy that music, seated at your table, as the Festival is a NO DANCE ZONE. We want to provide our patrons a safe atmosphere to enjoy their evening so any guests not adhering to these COVID guidelines will be removed from the event.
What should I wear?
We ask for patrons to dress smart-casual and yes, this does include shoes.
Is there wheelchair access?
There are ramps and a lift for wheelchair access (TBC if lift is usable due to COVID restrictions), as well as as suitable toilet ammentites located underneath The Boathouse.
I’ve lost my phone, how do I get it back?
Any lost property handed in will be available to collect from the CFWF Entry Marquee. You may contact us via our Facebook page as well.
Is there a shuttle bus to Yeppoon?
Unfortunately, we aren’t able to offer any shuttle buses. There are plenty of accommodation options within Rockhampton and plenty of parking within walking distance of the Festival.
Why does the Festival exist?
The annual Capricorn Food and Wine Festival was created by Stage & Audio Event Solutions to celebrate 35 years in business and as a “thank you” to the community. The community event exists to showcase the region’s burgeoning hospitality scene, drive tourism to the region and support local producers and businesses.
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact the organisers via the Facebook page or email email@example.com.
Capricorn Food and Wine Festival is committed to the the responsible service and consumption of alcohol.