Terms & Conditions
Ticket purchase and entry to Capricorn Food and Wine Festival 2018 (“event”) are subject to the following conditions.
The term “event” within these conditions includes reference to the area set aside for the Capricorn Food and Wine Festival and any and all of the activities that take place in that area. “Entrant” includes a person who has entered the event. “Ticketholder” means any person who has purchased a ticket to the event whether they are an Entrant or not. The event organiser is Capricorn Food and Wine Festival (“The Organiser”).
The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to or eject from the event any person who does not comply with any of these conditions.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to any person, including any person holding a valid ticket, for reasonable cause, without notice.
- Entrants must comply with all directions given by The Organiser, including any directions to leave the event.
2. Change of Program
The Organiser reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, attractions and amenities and to vary programs, seating arrangements, and audience capacity of the event.
Entrant’s belongings may be searched on entry to the event, or during the event. Entrants consent to such searches. Entrants may be required to leave the event if they refuse a request to have their belongings searched, and will not be refunded or otherwise compensated
Entrants must wear footwear while at the event.
5. Items Not Permitted
- Entrants must not bring food to the event. Food items that are found during a search, or at any time during the event, will be confiscated. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for confiscated items.
- Entrants may not bring in alcohol, illegal drugs and controlled substances, weapons or other items deemed dangerous by The Organiser to the event.
- Entrants may not bring animals to the event, except disability assistance animals, such as guide dogs, hearing dogs, and other animals trained to assist the Entrant with a disability.
- All disability assistance animals must be on a lead at all times while at the event. An Entrant with a disability assistance animal may be liable for any injury, loss, or damage caused by the animal at the event.
7. Recording, Transmission and Exhibition
- Entrants agree not to record or transmit, or aid in recording or transmitting, any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event other than for private non-commercial purposes.
- Entrants grant permission to The Organiser to use their name, image, likeness, or statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at the event without further authorisation from, or compensation to the Entrant.
8. Offensive Behaviour
Entrants will not conduct themselves in a manner that is inappropriate, offensive to others, or illegal. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to or eject a person who conducts themselves in such a manner.
9. Alcohol and Drugs
- The event is licensed to provide alcohol. Entrants must not bring alcohol in to the event.
- Alcohol may be consumed in a permitted area of the event (“the permitted area”). Entrants must not consume alcohol in areas other than the permitted area. The permitted area will be signed appropriately.
- Entrants who are under 18 years of age (“minors”) will only be permitted entry to the permitted area if accompanied by a responsible adult who is responsible for the care and supervision of the minor whilst in the permitted area.
- An Entrant who is 18 years or over may be given on entry to the event a wrist band to identify that they are permitted to drink alcohol at the event. Any person wishing to drink alcohol at the event may be required to provide a driver’s licence, current passport or proof of age card.
- Any minor found drinking alcohol may, in The Organiser’s sole discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the event.
- Any person supplying alcohol to a minor or any person deemed to be assisting or contributing to the supply of alcohol to a minor may, in The Organiser’s sole discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the event.
- Any person who is deemed to be adversely affected by the consumption of alcohol or affected by the consumption of drugs may, in The Organiser’s sole discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the event.
- Any person who is deemed to be unduly intoxicated or disorderly will, in Festival’s sole discretion, not be sold any alcohol or provided with alcohol for consumption and may, in The Organiser’s sole discretion, be refused entry to or ejected from the event.
- Sealed containers of wine and liqueurs may not be taken away from the event.
- Beer is not to be removed from the permitted area.
Entrants may only smoke in a Designated Smoking Area that has signs indicating that smoking is permitted in that designated area.
11. Acceptance of Risk and Limitation of Liability
Persons purchasing tickets or entering the event do so at their own risk. Entrants and ticketholders assume all risks associated with and incidental to the event, whether before, during or after the event. The risks assumed by Entrants and ticketholders include any risks caused by The Organiser in ensuring compliance with the Conditions of Sale of Tickets and Entry. Entrants and ticketholders waive any claims for personal injury or death against Council on behalf of Entrants and any accompanying minor.
12. Ticketing and Non-refund Policy
- Tickets are sold on the condition that purchasers are not entitled to a refund or exchange of their ticket in any circumstances. This non-refund policy applies in circumstances including, for example:
- If you choose not to attend the event.
- If you are unable to attend the event for any reason, including illness.
- If you attend the event and are unsatisfied.
- If the program of the event is changed, or any parts of the event.
- If any part, or all, of the event is cancelled due to weather or on any reasonable basis, or any cause outside the control of The Organiser.
- If you lose your ticket or do not bring your ticket to the event.
- If you are refused entry or ejected for any reason in accordance with the Conditions of Sale of Tickets and Entry.
Pass-outs may be issued at the discretion of The Organiser.
All children aged under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at any Festival event.