COVID Safe at the Festival
Capricorn Food and Wine Inc. has worked closely with Queensland Health to develop a COVID Safe plan so we can safely execute this event. We are looking forward to welcoming you all of our events, however due to the changed conditions under COVID-19 we ask that you read and understand the important information below.
By attending any of our events (Capricorn Food and Wine Festival, Oktoberfest, CFWF presents New Years Eve, Big Beer Festival) you acknowledge your role in helping to successfully carry out the COVID-19 Safety Plan. By playing your part, you will help ensure we all enjoy a comfortable and safe experience for all patrons, and continue to see the benefits of fans returning to live events.
For further safety precautions we also encourage the download and use of the Australian Government’s COVID-Safe app. More info can be found here.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19 – fatigue, shortness of breath, fever.
- Stay home if you have been overseas or to a COVID-19 Hotspot in the last 14 days or if you have been in contact with someone who has been overseas or to a COVID-19 Hotspot in the last 14 days. COVID-19 Hot Spots information.
- Tickets will be refunded if the event is cancelled, or if you are unable to attend due to sickness or any other COVID related matters. No other refunds are permitted for any reason (change of mind etc).
- This is a cashless event. All transactions will be by contactless phone or debit/credit card with a VISA or Mastercard logo.
- Any bags must be less than A4 size to reduce contact between staff and patrons. There will be no cloaking facilities available.
- 18+ event – no children allowed. You must bring ID.
- Each individual will be required to sign in and answer COVID screening questions prior to entering the Festival. Scan the QR codes located in the entrance queue and fill out the form using your mobile device. Present to Entry Staff along with any pre-purchased tickets and ID.
THINGS TO KNOW AT THE FESTIVAL:
- Entry will only be located at front of Boathouse on Quay St.
- Drop off Zone in front of the Boathouse, parking is available throughout the Rockhampton CBD and Victoria Parade Carpark.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m with people outside of your immediate group when entering or exiting the venue, or moving around the Festival Grounds.
- Cooperate with COVID Marshalls and Event Staff directives.
- Practice high-level hand-hygiene using the sanitiser stations installed around the grounds.
- Toilets are located under the Boathouse – maintain social distancing.
- Furniture will be set up with 1.5m distance guests – please do not move the tables.
- Find a table and be seated with your group only – avoid co-mingling with others.
- Food and Beverage must be consumed within Festival Grounds (no takeaway).
- No Dancing allowed.
- Due to restrictions, water will only be available for purchase from vendors or from behind the bar.
- Cashless payments only accepted.
- Smoking zone located on down ramp towards William St.
EXITING THE FESTIVAL
- When exiting you must sign out with your name and email using the QR code located at exit. Event staff and security will be able to assist you with this.
- All alcohol and food must be consumed prior to leaving the grounds.
- Please be patient, follow staff directions and maintain social distancing when exiting the grounds.
- In case of inclement weather, CFWF reserves the right to postpone and or cancel the event(s). Tickets will be refunded.
- CFWF will provide marquee shelters in line with COVID safe guidelines. These areas will be limited to numbers as per social distancing guidelines – please adhere to signage in areas.
- We recommend hats and sunscreen for anyone attending outdoor daytime events.
Capricorn Food and Wine Festival is committed to the the responsible service and consumption of alcohol.